The Low GI Diet for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
If you’ve been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or suspect you have it, The Low GI Diet for PCOS provides advice about how to manage your condition, and shows how eating the healthy low GI (glycemic index) way can help you take control of your condition.
Now in it’s second edition, this updated version explains exactly why a low GI diet can benefit women with PCOS and is filled with easy-to-follow advice on switching to a low GI diet and making other important lifestyle changes which will help in managing your PCOS. Recommended reading for all women with PCOS.
The book includes:
- Easy-to-understand information on low GI carbs and their benefits for PCOS
- Practical tips to make low GI eating and regular exercise a way of life
- An at-a-glance guide to the GI and glycemic load values of more than 1000 foods
- How to beat the symptoms of PCOS
- How to boost fertility
- How to improve insulin resistance and reduce the risk of diabetes
- Menu plans and recipes to help you put a low GI diet into practice
Authors: Professor Jennie Brand-Miller, Dr Kate Marsh, Dr Nadir Farid
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Published: January 2011
Buy your copy in all good bookshops or online here.