The Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook
The Low GI Vegetarian Cookbook explains the health benefits of choosing low glycemic index (GI) carbohydrate foods and how to do this on a vegetarian or vegan diet.
In addition to a wealth of information on following a vegetarian diet, this book brings you over eighty delicious and tempting recipes, illustrated with mouth-watering photography including vegetarian and vegan recipes for breakfasts, light lunches and snacks, main courses and desserts and sweet treats including Asian, Indian and Mediterranean style dishes.
The book includes:
- information on meeting nutritional needs on a vegetarian or vegan diet, including protein, healthy fats, iron, zinc, calcium and vitamin B12
- an explanation of the benefits of choosing low GI carbs
- healthy vegetarian eating guidelines
- menu plans for vegetarian and vegan adults, teens and children
- 80 mouth-watering recipes based on plant-foods including grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, soy products, fruits and vegetables
- a list of vegetarian pantry staples
Authors: Professor Jennie Brand-Miller, Dr Kate Marsh, Kaye Foster-Powell, Philippa Sandall
Publisher: Hachette Australia
Published: September 2006
Buy your copy from your favourite bookshop or online here.